To contribute towards improving children’s communication skills and personal, social and emotional development. We deliver a sensory approach to learning while working in partnership with carers.
- To provide a sensory environment that is both comfortable and stimulating in which children can explore and learn through play.
- To promote carers‘ awareness of their children’s early learning and development through making the most of everyday activities and interactions.
- To provide advice and support to carers regarding their children’s needs.
SMILE recognises that:
- Carers are a child’s first and most important educators.
- Self-esteem and self-identity is central to learning.
- Children learn best through play and interaction.
- Relationships are at the heart of learning.
SMILE will always:
- Value carers‘ knowledge and experience of their children and build on this by offering ideas and information.
- Work with carers as equal partners through promoting active involvement during sessions.
- Value diversity: welcoming people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Create opportunities for parents to share experiences and ideas in a safe and supportive environment.